Thursday, April 3, 2008

RE: Status Update

“Transmissions from Camp Trans”
Style: Classical
Claim: Camp Trans is a good place for transsexual women to go and have fun.

"Dark Webs Goth Subcultures In Cyberspace"
Style: Classical
Claim: Gothic people seem really strange and different to people in public, but they use the Internet like everyone else and connect with people just like everyone else.

"The Truck Stop As Community And Culture"
Style: Toulmin
Claim: Although truckers seems like unfriendly, curmudgeon people, they are often times nice and lead normal lives within their own little trucker community.

"House For The Homeless"
Style: Toulmin
Claim: The stereotypical view of homeless people are that they are all low-life, drug addicts who do not want help. However, many homeless people were educated, innocent, or foreign victims of unfortunate situations.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been to my fieldsite, ask questions, taking notes and gathered lots of information. I have not obtained many books or articles about my topic so most of my information is primarily from first hand experience. I am going to travel to my fieldsite on more time and I'm going to retrieve articles and books regarding my topic. I have yet to decide upon a claim. I am going to ask the peer editors if my information is too scatter brained and not focused.

1 comment:

The Talented Mr. Hamilton said...

give me an overview of what your blog is about... was a good read, I was just a lil lost... holla back...